A Harris Interactive found that, although more than 80 percent of men surveyed could describe their first car, just 54 percent could remember when they’d last been to the doctor for a check-up.
June is Men’s Health Month, and June 15 through June 21 (Father’s Day) is designated as Men’s Health Week. Urgent care centers can leverage Men’s Health Month in a number of ways, including:
- Encouraging women to make appointments for the men in their lives
- Offering coupons or discounts for physical exams for men and boys
- Advertising free blood pressure tests or other health screening for men and boys
- Participating in a health fair promoting Men’s Health Month
- Promoting blood tests and urinalysis as ways to identify issues before symptoms surface
- Reaching out to a fraternal organization or church and offering on site screenings
- Partnering with the local zoo, ice cream shop, or other business to offer cobranded coupons
Ramp up your marketing efforts both online and offline:
- Publicize offers and events on your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media feeds.
- Send out an email blast
- Send text messages to patients (but only if you have their express written consent to send texts)
- Highlight events and coupons on your website
- Create custom signs and banners
- Distribute promotional products that highlight men’s health awareness